[java] Java Game Programming Books?

Started by
9 comments, last by Jonathon 22 years, 4 months ago
I have just begun to learn Java this semester. I have found a few tutorials related to game programming with Java. But are there any full books on Java game programming? (If not, will someone please write one?) Jonathon
quote:"Mathematics are one of the fundamentaries of educationalizing our youths." -George W. Bush
Jonathon[quote]"Mathematics are one of the fundamentaries of educationalizing our youths." -George W. Bush"When a nation is filled with strife, then do patriots flourish." - Lao Tzu America: Love it or leave it ... in the mess it's in. [/quote]
Advertisement
I know there are a few Java Game books out there but most of them are a few years out of date. There is even an online version of the Java3D spec at Sun''s site.

The new Java 2 1.4 release is actually going to offer a lot more to game developers than any other Java release.

JavaGaming.org is a pretty good site for finding out Java game related information. You might also have some luck on Sun''s message forums.

borngamer
1.Black Art of Java Game Programming
2.Teach Yourself Internet Game Programming With Java in 21 Days
3.Java¿ Game Programming For Dummies®
4.Cutting-Edge Java Game Programming: Everything You Need to Create Interactive Internet Games with Java

I've only looked at the first 2 a couple of times and think they are a little be dated now, but they should be ok to learn some stuff from. The other 2 came up in the Amazon.com search engine my keywords were Java Games, but they might be worth reading.

Edited by - Black Marq on November 5, 2001 4:01:20 PM
I believe the Game Development series edited by LaMothe (well at least has his name all over them), is coming out with a book next month ''The Tao of Java 2 Game Programming''.

Check it out Here
Awesome! Thanks, folks!

(That's why I voted for "Gamedev Community Atmosphere" in the last survey!)

Jonathon
quote:"Mathematics are one of the fundamentaries of educationalizing our youths." -George W. Bush

"When a nation is filled with strife, then do patriots flourish." - Lao Tzu

Edited by - Jonathon on November 6, 2001 9:18:54 AM
Jonathon[quote]"Mathematics are one of the fundamentaries of educationalizing our youths." -George W. Bush"When a nation is filled with strife, then do patriots flourish." - Lao Tzu America: Love it or leave it ... in the mess it's in. [/quote]
stray away from Black Art of Java games programming not only is it out dated like JDK 1.0 it is the biggest waste of money ever.
if you like programming, you like maths, you just don't know it yet
Actually the Black Art book is very nice, gives good client server basics, applet work, old (yes, old) 2d and 3d stuff, but the only bad thing is you willrun into deprecated issues. Fix those with your new java knowledge and its off and running.

-Soulice
-Soulice
Thanks again!

Jonathon

When a nation is filled with strife, then do patriots flourish." - Lao Tzu

Hey, I just nabbed a used copy of Black Art of Java Game Programming. but no cd...anyone out there abel to zip the cd contents and email them to me???

THanks a ton!!

mbowles201@home.com

-Soulice
-Soulice
Check your mail.

nowan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement