Sign in to follow this  

Nice and simple C# programs for beginners?

This topic is 1254 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm reading through a rather extensive C# tutorial online, and I wrote the "Hello World" program, naturally. But they're throwing concepts at me, and I have no place to apply them. What are some simple program ideas to test the concepts I am learning? Or is this even a good idea?

It is always a good idea to program more. You won't learn unless you continue to challenge yourself.

As for simple programs to write, just pick a problem and aim to solve it. One idea for you: Create a pick a number game, then refactor and refine it unto a choose your own adventure game. Keep going until you've got a whole little SUD written.

You will need things like conditionals, loops, string parsing, and more as you continue to grow what started out as "hello world" into a fully fledged game. Edited by Washu

If you don't have any other programming experience I'd guess the language's basic constructs will help:

Variables. Loops. Calling methods. Calling methods with arguments. Make a simple class and use it. Put class instances in containers and access containers.

This topic is 1254 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.