Trial by Viking - WIP

Started by
50 comments, last by dqhendricks 8 years ago
Update #17:
I was like, if he's gonna charge, he should definitely crash through some stuff biggrin.png
centaur.gif
Advertisement
Update #18:
The Grappling Hook! This is one of the upgrades that Odin can grant you later in the game. So many grappling hooks I've played with take too long to aim and are cumbersome to use. I wanted to make sure this one was simple and fast to use. Sorry for the darkness of my gifs. For some reason my screen caps are way darker than the actual game.
grapple.gif
Update #19:
This giant rock golem fight is inspired by the Crocomire fight in Super Metroid. If you know your video game history, you know there is only one way to win this battle.
golem.gif
Update #20:
Doing some extra promotional art. This time it's a poster with some of the main characters you will meet throughout the game. It's a work in progress. Eventually it will be full color and high res.
poster-wip.jpg
Update #21:
A new mechanic I am working on. Crates with explosives. Using a bomb on one sets off a chain reaction and destroy everything in it's path.
chainbombs.gif
Update #22:
Wanted to post one more gif of chainsplosions because they're cool looking. Gotta find a way to get the conveyors to go the right direction before you can start this chain reaction.
bombpuzzle.gif
Update #23:
Hey guys! I wanted to mention that I'll be at GDC Play this year, booth PL 104. Come stop by to say hi and check out Trial by Viking if you like!
Today I spliced together a few clips showing how to get one of the treasure chests on level 93. I can show a bit more in depth how the game will play with gifs like these, so expect more like this in the future. Let me know what you think!
puzzles.gif
Update #24:
GDC is just around the corner. In case you didn't hear from previous posts, I will be at GDC Play showing off the game. Feel free to stop by booth PL 104 and say hi!
I have emailed the press, made appointments, made business cards, t-shirts, and stickers, printed giant posterboards for the back of the booth, organized getting help from friends, and RVSPed to GDC after parties. The rest is up to the game dev gods. Cross your fingers for a good show!
foursquare01.jpg
Update #25:
I had an awesome time at GDC! Thanks to everyone who stopped by! If you haven't gone, and you ever get the chance, I highly recommend it.
In this update, I want to show you a new playable character, Kara. You only get to play as Kara for very specific levels. You won't have access to your regular inventory for these levels, but you will have a bad ass pair of swords, some pretty nice melee combos, and a spinning blade attack. Here she is exterminating a couple of rats on level 99.
kara.gif
Update #26:
Been working on a new boss. This guy does some fly by homing projectiles, and then lands to breathe electric breath and rain a few lightning bolts.
blackdragon.gif

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement