Good Web Site

Started by
4 comments, last by Scudular 22 years, 5 months ago
Hello Everyone, I''d thought that you should all visit a cool site. It has some links, a discussion forum, and a powerpoint presentation on beginning programing. Also, if you have any games you''d like to post on the internet, well, here''s the place: kaboomgames.faithweb.com It may not look like much at first, but it has a lot of potential, and I enjoyed it. (Note: I didn''t design this site, so I''m not just telling you to check out a new site I made) Well, The Octpus of Doom is Lingering and the All-Powerfull Wall of a thousand hands grows near, so I better go. Without any further ramblings, The Scudular
Advertisement
Yes of course! Just what I need! A begineers website to programing, since I frequent the Software Engineering forum I obviously need that :p

Now, what made you decide to post this here? And, perhaps more importantly, where should I move it to?

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- Not For Rent
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Thank you for your advice as far as the location of this post goes. Next time, however, please note that since I have never touched a single element of designing software (excluding html) you could be more corteous (Or however it''s spelled).
The idiot..the Scudular
Who made you moderator, MKH!?

Courtesy is of the utmost importance.

Newbie to game programming?
visit

KaBooMgames
Great for Newbs, Masters welcome as well
------------------------------------KaBeeM Web
<><
I was trying to be light hearted about it, the smiley''s were supposed to indicate that.

At first I thought it was spam and a cross-post, but I looked and saw that it wasn''t - which honestly made me curious why someone would post about a newbie game programming site (which is great, getting started can be hard and discourging) in the software engineering forum.

And I guess the answer is Scudular didn''t know exactly what Software Engineering is (which is fine, we had a discussion about what it was and, like all things abstract and slightly philosophical, we had a hard time defining and explaining exactly what it is).

Would deleting the post have been more courteous?

quote:
Courtesy is of the utmost importance.

I suppose your right, courtesy does seem to be in short supply.

Sorry Scudular, I didn''t mean to be rude, I was just kidding with you - I figured you meant to post this in another forum but for some reason or another it ended up here.

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- Not For Rent
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
No problem, Magmai Kai Holmlor!
I didn''t realize that you were kidding, and I''m sorry for getting upset. I saw that you did visit kaboomgames in my last visit there. Did you see the powerpoint? I thought it was cool. Well, I suppose I am more of a novice than a newbie so I didn''t really know what furom I was posting in. I submitted a similar post in the Newbie Forum. Thanks for your help.

A few closing comments:

THE PROSTHETIC HYPOTHESIS

My mind is currently disposed to a strange sort of disillusionment, this is a rather common state as of late, and my instinct of logic has been deterred, beyond all reckoning, to a place of moldy cheese and bald fish. This is disturbing to me, as the imbalance of my mental state is consequential to this ultimate truth. As a result of my recent unveiling of this invariable certainty, my mind has been subjected to severe torment and vague, obscure illustrations of dire peril and languishing evil. Due to the revelations of my deranged condition I have come upon the undeniable conclusion that The Detachable Apparatus of Octagonal Origin has been revolved in such an infuriating manner that soon the oblong uncertainties of the Pretransgressive Era shall be conjured unto the likeness of an indisputable force of judication.

the idiot...the Scudular

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement