SOL Online...getting there

Started by
14 comments, last by theropod 22 years, 4 months ago
i forgot to mention, there''s more to the story. we met another bunch of races in our subsequent careening off in all directions (yes, the quote "He jumped on hit horse and galloped off wildly in all directions), not the least of whom are the Yevetha. now the Yevetha are crafty, but they don''t want everyone dead quite yet. they helped the bigger remnants of human civilisation establish trade routes and the like and get the galaxy on its feet again. but they''re not all that nice either, especially to those who plan to use then abuse. so we end up with more inter-team chemistry stuff where the Qatya-supporters (virtually nil) hate the everyone else people and the Yevetha-dependents will fiercely protect the Yevetha. meanwhile, organised, predictable trade routes with very public timetables are the perfect target for the opportunistic nomad in his little heavily armed ship, so the convoys frequently get attacked, which gets the Yevetha pissed, which sparks more wars off.

really its a situation where everyone basically fights everyone else, apart from a select few who they''re dependent on for resources, protection, and the like.

i had another idea, that ships could only be built at shipyards and therefore the big battles would all revolve around the shipyards, but those involved would have to be careful to avoid collateral damage because they need the shipyards'' services etc.

so any ideas are welcome. many of the ships look quite similar, but are functionally or behaviorally (can a ship have behaviour?) quite different. its the poor mans version of the "build your own ship" thing.

theropod
Use the WriteCoolGame() function.Works every time.
Advertisement
I guess you misunderstood my post AP. I didnt mean to say that quality should be lacking inorder to meet demand. Just that Smaller ships arent going to require as much work to refine them. Unless of course you plan to have a lot of close up shots then youll have to worry about major refinment. Besides textures can take care of quite a few details.

theropod: What are these alien species going to look like. Any idea yet?
quote:Original post by theropod
that''s a point too - anyone got a kinda backdoor method of getting a game to a big publisher? they dont take much notice of a 14-yr old with a great unimplemented idea...

Is the indie games festival still going on at GDC? I haven''t kept up with it, but I thought people could enter their title in a competition and get picked up by a publisher.

Good luck. Sweet looking screenshots. As somone who''s working on a space game, too, you have my envy.

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
Retainer mode?, it is OBSOLETE!. Instead use Directx8 is easy to use and you can made the same in no time. I wonder how you made the planet.

-eng3d.softhome.net-
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
well, eng3d, i guess thats the problem with self-teaching. i would then need access to the DX8 objects...i use delphiX and its only up to v7.

perhaps you could give me a hand with this...
email >> theropod@stargatesg-1.com or theropod@paradise.net.nz

theropod

Use the WriteCoolGame() function.Works every time.
The fundamental pillar of DX8 is the D8 SDK (more that 150megas free to download). This is compatible with VC++ (6.0) and visual basic (6.0). Even more, i known about vc++ but work with dx8 and visual basic, because is fast and you can experiment more easily. Even more, dx8+vb is enough fast!.
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement