Monetization model for puzzle games

Started by
1 comment, last by Buster2000 9 years, 8 months ago
Hi All,
My game is a puzzle game (packing puzzle with 350 stages), 60 stages are free, rest you have to buy. Now, my question is, is it a good model for this type of game?
data : 3000 people downloaded, 15 people bought. Conversion : .5%, 11 people bought hints. (though I give 2 free hints/ 8 hr). I don't have ad placed yet.
Shall I make all stages free and rely on hint purchase/ ad removal for monetization? All other similar games (unblock me, flow free) do not have premium stages. What should be the conversion rate ( purchasing in-app products) for these type of games?
Advertisement

Hey, I can tell you that in general publishers for example expect around 5% conversation ration on free-paid games. However as for puzzles I do not believe that this is the best model, people are not that keen on buying puzzles, maybe on iPhone only if you are in top already, but not android. I would rather recommend you to use ads. Ads are well paid in America, UK and Europe and will generate revenue constantly when people play your game.

www.corsairgames.com

Depends on the type of puzzle game. I have found logic puzzles to have a similar conversion rate to yours and I have done exactly what BlackCorsair has done and made everything free but with Ads.

However for word puzzles and trivia games I have found the conversion rate to be much much higher and the reviewers have actually asked for more in ap purchase packages.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement