Good Book on OpenGL

Started by
3 comments, last by Bana 22 years, 5 months ago
Hello, I really haven't done much in OpenGL but with the upcoming holidays =D I am thinking of getting a book on OGL. I am sorry if this has already been addressed but I just really don't want to make a mistake on which book I get (Imagine being stuck reading a really bad book). If anyone has read "Learn C++ in 21 Days" That is sorta what I am looking for(but in the form of OpenGL) starting out from begginer but advancing quite a bit towards the end. Thx in advance bana-sea- [Edit] Oops I am sorry, I was not a very good person, I should have looked around a little more, I see the OpenGL game programming book now. Could you still please point out any other good books that might fill might requirements? Thx [/Edit] Edited by - Bana on November 5, 2001 10:37:50 PM
Advertisement
The book you mentioned, and the official OpenGL Redbook, well, they did the trick for me
Hmmm... Buy the Red Book (The OpenGL Programming Guide) before any other OpenGL book you buy... Once you buy that, you have almost all the information on OpenGL you will need until you become so advanced that you don''t need books anymore!

------------------------------
Trent (ShiningKnight)
E-mail me
ShiningKnight Games
you can get redbook online for free
Ahh shoot...I forgot about getting the redbook

I have the gamedev.net one and its pretty good, but the lighting examples, whew...sure confused me. I wish it would of been clearer (saving me days of posting/reading on forums.) Hehe, but thats just me.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement