Sign in to follow this  
nsmadsen

A new track

I like it: very atmospheric and ambient, but still moving and with a sense of exploration and slight tension. I get the feel of exploring a wide plain by duskfall, or otherwise 'nature-y' atmosphere.

At first I didn't like the violas (?), but they grew on me after a while.

- Evan

Very nice! Every sound, every single note here lives its complicated life, everything breathes.

Speaking about live violin - it sounds perfect, and I'd say, that it sounds probably too perfect. Are they processed with Melodyne, or something like that? I mean, it would be great to hear some natural artefacts, maybe some unperfect pitches, that are typical for live string instruments perfomance - just to bring some more life through this imperfection. But anyway, I really like this piece. Sounds great.

Hey Denis, 

Thanks! Yes, I did use Melodyne for the violin as it was somewhat pitchy in spots but I tried to pick a conservative, realistic value. In other words, I didn't set the correction to 100% because I didn't want it to be absolutely perfectly. I'll tweak this a bit more and see what I can come up with. Appreciate the listen and the feedback! 

Thanks, 

Nate