What do you think about my demo?

Started by
4 comments, last by noatom 9 years, 8 months ago

So, for a while now, I've been working on a demo for the first episode of the game series I want to start, "Mercy". But now, I'm stuck, due to financial problems, I cannot acquire what I need to finish the demo, and then start funding the first episode.

That's why I created a trailer and a steam greenlight concept page, thinking that maybe people will see it and maybe donate so I can complete it.

I'd love to see your opinion about the trailer/screenshots/ideea, here's the steam greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=302487949

Advertisement

Neither the video or the description on that page (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=302487949 I don't know why you wanted to hide the URL, many people don't trust shortened URLS) actually tells you anything about what kind of game it is. The video shows you running around and it looks first-person, and the description gives a short overview of the plot/background, but nowhere can I see what I actually DO in the game. Is it a FPS, a stealth shooter, a puzzle game, etc? I'm not going to download a demo without knowing a bit more...

Add idle animation to hand, otherwise it looks wooden or made of stone.

Add idle animation to hand, otherwise it looks wooden or made of stone.

That is why I I'm trying to raise funds in the first place..

but nowhere can I see what I actually DO in the game. Is it a FPS, a stealth shooter, a puzzle game, etc? I'm not going to download a demo without knowing a bit more...

I just added more info about the project both on the website and on the steam page. And you cannot actually download the demo, right now I'm trying to raise the funds to actually finish the demo.

Remove the hand entirely, or at least shade it as dark as the background and move it down so the arm isn't visible.

It single-handedly removes any chance of getting your project funded.

Remove the hand entirely, or at least shade it as dark as the background and move it down so the arm isn't visible.

I do specify in the beginning of the trailer "Majority of models used are place-holders". As for removing it entirely, it's impossible, zones like that tunnel would be in complete dark, I'd have to add some kind of background light, which won't look good either.

The demo itself is more of an ask of help to developers rather than normal users, I realize that most users won't like the idea just because of the models used, but that's the point, to be able to replace them all...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement