Do We Need Another Website?

Started by
3 comments, last by Butabee 9 years, 7 months ago
Hey folks.
I was thinking about starting a website to promote new games that people probably haven't heard of. Games that, while awesome, don't have the marketing budget, or aren't sleeping with the people they should be to break into the spotlight.
I figure while the world is being flooded by flappy bird clones, and Steam's front page + Joystiq + Gamasutra are all usually talking about the same couple games, it would be nice to have a place to find "the other guys".
But, do you think this is really necessary / useful? Or would this just be another voice in the crowd?
We already have indiegames.com, indiegamemag.com, and indiedb. We also have the #gameswecareabout and #welovegamedevs hashtags.
Are we reaching the point where even our curation is over-saturated? Is there anything we could do to help promote some of the great games coming out that aren't getting the proper media attention?
Advertisement

Well, this doesnt cover much, but its an interesting concept.

http://notonsteam.com/

FastCall22: "I want to make the distinction that my laptop is a whore-box that connects to different network"

Blog about... stuff (GDNet, WordPress): www.gamedev.net/blog/1882-the-cuboid-zone/, cuboidzone.wordpress.com/

Wow, that's very close to what I was thinking: a simple gallery of games with promo videos / with links to go get them if interested!

Wow, I was thinking: a simple gallery of games with promo!

Hi,

something like to this I have done here.
Thank you for your attention.

wub.png

(c) 2000 by "vvv2".
I think there's room for a website catering to new developers, like developers that haven't made over 10k with their games. Games posted would expire after a certain amount of time though to keep the site tidy.

Although, I guess steam greenlight kinda serves this purpose... but there's even so much competition on there, it's kinda hard to get noticed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement