The Week of awesome II! - The second annual unofficial gamedev competition!

Started by
278 comments, last by slicer4ever 9 years, 6 months ago

Ah, excellent, thank you. ^_^

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Advertisement

This could be fun depending on the theme of the game. I have no idea what I might build but I might give it a go.

To avoid any ambiguity, I'd suggest changing times to being 00:00:01 and 23:59:59, instead of using "midnight".

Hello to all my stalkers.

just a question, how are the prizes given ?

"All money payments well be done via paypal, if paypal is not possible we will attempt to reach an agreement with something like a steam gift card, or w/e can make it work for you. cash payment will be divided among members in a similar way as last year" - first post in this thread (it's been updated)

Don't ask me what happened last year, I don't know. happy.png

and also, what is the TimeZone for the game beginning and ending ?

is it GMT -4 for this year as well ?

GMT-5, according to the now-updated first post in this thread.

On another topic: So, can I take it that we're not starting in the first week of September, then? tongue.png

"midnight September 22nd to midnight September 29th. all times are EST GMT -5." - first post in this thread (it's been updated)

I didn't see the updated post

I checke out last year games, i got some questions, can we buy 3d models from stores when making a the game ? like a character/weapon and so ?

I checke out last year games, i got some questions, can we buy 3d models from stores when making a the game ? like a character/weapon and so ?

Yes I believe so, see the rules:

"You may use any library, game engine, tools, art, or audio to develop the game, provided you have the appropriate license to do so (if licensing is required for what you use)"

Last year I recall it took me a while to find a free font (that I liked) with a suitable license. Specifically we need to be able to redistribute these assets.

Probably (but read the fine print!) if you are buying a 3d model you are paying to redistribute it as part of a commerical (or otherwise) software product, so you would be fine.

Yes I believe so, see the rules:

"You may use any library, game engine, tools, art, or audio to develop the game, provided you have the appropriate license to do so (if licensing is required for what you use)"

Last year I recall it took me a while to find a free font (that I liked) with a suitable license. Specifically we need to be able to redistribute these assets.

Probably (but read the fine print!) if you are buying a 3d model you are paying to redistribute it as part of a commerical (or otherwise) software product, so you would be fine.

The rules said that they don't need any of source code/assets, so till I am able to add it to my commercial games the license it good to be used :D

I've gained a teammate Kirk.Roerig, so I'd like to change to a team name of "Team OPifex".

Aargh, why is it not the 22nd yet?! I keep wanting to work on or think about this, but the competition hasn't started! T-T

[edit] I originally had the 29th up there--I blame tiredness--but I'm glad that it's not the 29th--I'd have missed the competition completely!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

@slicer4ever Me(programmer) and my friend, Robert(3d artist). We are looking for a sound engineer.

This is my group

as SotL has answered your other questions, i'll just comment that it's great to hear you've got a team together, i'll update the first post so others will know what your looking for. also, do you happen to have a team name? I'd love to have team names going on!

I may be a little late to the party but I would like to enter the competition. This is really very exciting for me.I have just started as a game developer and would love some feedback and to get my game in front of other people who makes games. I will be entering by the name Aletheia Game Studio.

This could be fun depending on the theme of the game. I have no idea what I might build but I might give it a go.

Great to hear guys!

To avoid any ambiguity, I'd suggest changing times to being 00:00:01 and 23:59:59, instead of using "midnight".

good call, I'll reflect this in the fist post.

buying 3d models is fine so long as you have the proper permissions to distribute them(i'm assuming you will since you've paid for them).

I've gained a teammate Kirk.Roerig, so I'd like to change to a team name of "Team OPifex".

Great to hear mate, and love the team name, i'll update the first post with this!

Aargh, why is it not the 22nd yet?! I keep wanting to work on or think about this, but the competition hasn't started! T-T

[edit] I originally had the 29th up there--I blame tiredness--but I'm glad that it's not the 29th--I'd have missed the competition completely!

it's coming, soon the time will be upon us=-P!

edit:

Lastly, we've managed to support linux as well!, however only 3 judges have it available, so i'd still recommend having a windows port of your game if possible, but if that adds to much excess to your time then we'll do our best to ensure 3 judges are able to play your game!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement