The Week of awesome II! - The second annual unofficial gamedev competition!

Started by
278 comments, last by slicer4ever 9 years, 6 months ago

My artist friend is 'Celesol' on DeviantArt - she doesn't have a GameDev account, but you could link to her DeviantArt page. Our team name is "Grey Army".

Advertisement

Ah, you convinced her, good job!

@slicer4ever Me(programmer) and my friend, Robert(3d artist). We are looking for a sound engineer.

This is my group

as SotL has answered your other questions, i'll just comment that it's great to hear you've got a team together, i'll update the first post so others will know what your looking for. also, do you happen to have a team name? I'd love to have team names going on!

I checked out last year games, i got some questions, can we buy 3d models from stores when making a the game ? like a character/weapon and so ?

buying 3d models is fine so long as you have the proper permissions to distribute them(i'm assuming you will since you've paid for them).

thanks for the reply. I will ask my friend for a team name and get it for you.

I just wanted to make sure that i am allowed to buy models for the game

I will be doing sound for Sugavanas' group.

I will be doing sound for Sugavanas' group.

so we have a sound designer

Hi everyone ! I'm just curious about witch language, tools, engine, SDK, Blog, File hosting, will you use for the competition.

On my side I will use this

- Language: C#

- SDK: Monogame

- Engine : None, I will start from scratch

- Graphics: Paint.net, tileStudio

- Sound FX: SFXR

- Music: FL Studio or musagi

- Blog: http://sjs-studio.com/en/

- File hosting: On my website

Good luck to everyone smile.png

Language: Python

SDK/Engine: Panda3D

Pre-created Components: This depends on what game I end up making; I have several bits and pieces that might prove useful.

Graphics: To some degree this depends on the art style that I settle on, but my main raster-art program is GIMP, my 3D modeller is Blender, and, should I want vector art, possibly Inkscape.

Blog: ... Erm... I suppose that I'll start a blog or thread here?

Hosting: Dropbox

Sound: Sound Recorder (either Windows or Ubuntu) and Audacity, most likely.

Music: ... Music is actually a category regarding which I'm somewhat worried. I'm not a musician myself, but I don't want to take on a partner for music alone. I could search for free, permissively-licenced music, I suppose... but that may take precious time. At the moment I'm half-hoping that I'll manage to get away with ambient sound... ^^;;;

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Hi everyone ! I'm just curious about witch language, tools, engine, SDK, Blog, File hosting, will you use for the competition.

Language: Java

SDK: LibGDX

Art Tools: MSPaint, Paint.Net

Sound/Music: Whatever I can find for free use online.

Blog: I'll be posting updates here! I'll probably write an aftermath post-mortem on my blog: gilldave.co.uk/blog

File Hosting: On my website. (Last year they were then re-hosted for us, to prevent any foul play I guess.)

We'll be using the cross-platform engine we've been working on.

Language: C/C++ and OpenGL

SDK/Engine: OPifex Engine

Graphics: Blender / Gimp / Photoshop / It'll depend on the game

Blog / Hosting: http://teamopifex.com

Sound / Music : Not sure yet, good chance it'll be procedurally created though.

On my side I will use this

- Language: C#, JS

- Engine : Unity 3d

- Graphics: photoshop, maya, 3ds max, blender

- File hosting: On my website

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement