about making a game dev studio workstation!

Started by
2 comments, last by Orymus3 9 years, 7 months ago

Overview
i'm a game developer i've started thinking early this month to build a game dev studio with a workstation to get started really in this section of industry

So?
i'm looking for some answers & informations & advices smile.png such as , how many square it should be , where to find talents , a good pc workstation ... ext

& The Main Question is : The Jobs Of This industry i mean a list of games dev's posts mmm like , technical director , human resource , Seo Expert , Lighting artist , and thanx for your time , ur help maybe will be the reason of our existing smile.png

Advertisement

The Main Question is : The Jobs Of This industry i mean a list of games dev's posts mmm like , technical director , human resource , Seo Expert , Lighting artist

Go read question 1 in the forum FAQ. It is titled "Types of Game Jobs".

Then continue reading the other content linked to on the FAQ.

where to find talents , a good pc workstation ... ext

& The Main Question is : The Jobs Of This industry i mean a list of games dev's posts mmm like , technical director , human resource , Seo Expert , Lighting artist ,

These are not questions related to your getting a game industry job. These are questions about starting your own company (in other words, these are business-related questions). I'm moving this to Business, since you're asking a Startup question and the Game Industry Job Advice forum is not for questions about startups.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

how many square it should be , where to find talents , a good pc workstation ... ext

squares as in squarefeet? That's entirely up to you.

Where to find talents depends solely on what talents you need.

And what a good PC workstation depends on the scope of the project, and the discipline (3D art vs programming, etc.)

, technical director , human resource , Seo Expert , Lighting artist ,

These positions vary based on your actual needs. For example, I rarely need a lighting artist, tech dir, or HR for my business because I tend to do most of the stuff on my own, which means it would be awkward of me to hire a HR to deal with my business, or a tech dir to tell me how to work...

I think you need to have more clarity about what your objective truly is here. Do you want to make your own game? take contracts from clients? What would be YOUR role in the business?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement