Sign in to follow this  
satanir

Anttweakbar direction widget

It seems that by default the widget is in RHS (+Z points toward me). That's kind of a problem, since my framework is LHS. I couldn't find in the documentation a way to define the widget as LHS.

Before I dive into the ATB code - anyone knows if there's a way to programmatically define the widget to work in LHS?

Left-handed and right-handed systems aren't defined by which direction an axis is relative to the eyepoint.

In any case, the TwSimpleDX11 sample uses a left-hand system - i.e., if +X is to the right, and +Z is away from the eyepoint, the +Y axis is up.

Edited by Buckeye

Have you tried the axisx/axisy/axisz variable parameters? In the documentation (here at the bottom) it says:

axisx / axisy / axisz

For direction and quaternion variables only.

Change the default coordinate system used to represent quaternion and direction. By default the coordinate system is right-handed with axis x pointing to the right, axis y pointing to the top and axis z pointing to the front (ie., the viewer). If you are using a different coordinate system in your application, use these parameters to permute the axes. n represents the new axis; it is one of the following values: x, -x, y, -y, z or -z.

Example:

TwDefine(" mybar/Rotation axisx=x axisy=y axisz=-z ");  // Permute z axis to get a left-handed coordinate system