Mavericks

Started by
5 comments, last by Promit 9 years, 7 months ago

Got latest mac book pro, but i am using OpenGL 2.1 and glsl version 1.2, how can i change this. Please help me! [ Xcode c++ ]

Advertisement

I need help to change glsl Version, someone please :(

When you allocate the pixel format, use the belonging attribute

* either, when using Cocoa

NSOpenGLPFAOpenGLProfile, NSOpenGLProfileVersion3_2Core,

* or, when using CGL

kCGLPFAOpenGLProfile, (CGLPixelFormatAttribute)kCGLOGLPVersion_3_2_Core,

You then get, despite of the "3_2", a context with the highest version available on your computer.

What do you mean by pixel format? Please Help. [ I am using OpenGl & SDL ] - Still cannot change version

Please help me!

someone please

Please Help.

Umm... Relax dude? You sound like you're getting knifed to death.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

but i am using OpenGL 2.1 and glsl version 1.2,

Opengl 2.1 should be able to compile GLSL code of 1.2 version (as any higher Opengl should compile downversioned GLSL language). You can specify explicitly what version to use by a macro in shader, like, #version 130 (hint for compiler and linker to version 1.3). If your GLSL shader code is exclusive on higher version than 1.2, and your limit is 1.2, setting macro to #version 120 and compile with this should give you at least errors, if any, on places where more advanced version does not conform to 1.2.

What do you mean by pixel format? Please Help. [ I am using OpenGl & SDL ] - Still cannot change version

Follow the instructions here:

http://www.opengl.org/wiki/Tutorial1:_Creating_a_Cross_Platform_OpenGL_3.2_Context_in_SDL_(C_/_SDL)

Mavericks will allow you to choose between 2.1, 3.3, and 4.1.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement