but i want to talk

i will learn i want to be professional

Advertisement

Do I begin learning python late?

Read this: http://www.sloperama.com/advice/m71.htm

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I'm 15 Years Old

Do I begin learning python late?

If 15 is too late to learn programming god help me!

In the UK programming has only just been introduced into the schools curriculum (although to what extent I am unsure). This means that most of the people in the UK where not professionally taught programming until after the age of 16*. Learning is a continuous progress I doubt you will find anybody who has learnt every nook and cranny of a particular language. Sure the sooner you start the better but that said imo, 15 is a good young age to start. In fact if you decide to go to university, you will find you started before most people there.

Just keep at it and no doubt you will surpass the person who said you didn't know anything.

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

i focus now on python i know that i have a dream i want to be professional

& when the one who Laugh & was making fun of me i was really sad

but he know learned web languages only

maybe i will take long time but in day i will be better than him smile.png

Thank you all for your reply

i focus now on python i know that i have a dream i want to be professional
& when the one who Laugh & was making fun of me i was really sad

Plenty of competent software engineers never get exposed to programming until university at the age of 18.

Being very good at something doesn't require you to start young, it just requires you to sink a huge amount of time into it, which ends up being a lot harder when you're adult.

Sean Middleditch – Game Systems Engineer – Join my team!

In many respects you're lucky you can start so early! Python only came to my attention in the last few years, and I'm in my 30's.

[size="2"]Currently working on an open world survival RPG - For info check out my Development blog:[size="2"] ByteWrangler

By age 15 there are already irreversible changes taking place in your body and even hormone shots will have limited effect in helping you become a Python programmer. Perhaps with the help of a really good therapist and the love and support of your family you could be happy doing JavaScript. In fact, many devops lead happy and fulfilling lives and nobody even knows what kind of foundation classes they have hidden under their every-day wardrobe.

It's a good thing you haven't chosen to become a doctor or a lawyer; they need to have advanced degrees before they can even speak full sentences. Don't get me started on how the life of a priest begins at conception, and circus clowns have to pie before they're even a twinkle in their father's eye.

Seriously, where did this weird ageist meme come from?

Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

Nelson Mandela became the president of South Africa when he was 76. It is never to late to do anything.

Stay gold, Pony Boy.

I was in college with a guy that was in his 40s learning to program. I don't think there is really a limit to learning programming. Just pick a language, pick a book or tutorial, and get to learning. Practice every chance you get and never stop pushing yourself.

By age 15 there are already irreversible changes taking place in your body and even hormone shots will have limited effect in helping you become a Python programmer.

Thankfully there's a homeopathic cure involving triple-distilled spring water vapor that can reverse all these changes and put you right back to your prepubescent cognizance receptive state, but only if you never had a vaccination. That's how I managed to learn Perl. Now I wish I had been vaccinated against Perl.

Seriously, where did this weird ageist meme come from?

A lot of the engineering-types do start young and hold it as a point of pride (heck, I even do it sometimes, regrettably). Some of those people are ---- ****es and are dismissive to other people who didn't start as young (egos are dangerous things). This just means that those early-starter folks are terrible people to work with and not that they're super smart.

The ones who started young aren't necessarily any better, either. I learned more about computer science in 2 years of university than I ever did during my years in middle school (see how I just dropped that age reference in there? I promise not to be a jerk about it).

Some say it takes 10,000 hours of practice to master a skill, but others note that's only if it's 10,000 _good_ hours of practice. Surrounding yourself with motivated and like-minded learners is a fantastic way to accelerate your learning far more than youth ever could.

Sean Middleditch – Game Systems Engineer – Join my team!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement