Free Sound Effects for games

Started by
7 comments, last by tom76 22 years, 5 months ago
Where can I find these? you know, bang bang, boom boom, shake-a da room-a kinda effects. I need some for my game (please don''t make me resort to setting up my microphone and recording fart noises!) "I envy you, who has seen it all" "And I, young sir, envy you, who have yet to see it for the first time..." - Daniel Glenfield 1st October 2001
if (witisism == !witty) return to_hole
Advertisement
Try www.sounddogs.com

Although the sounds aren''t free, they are very cheap, and the previews give you a very good idea of what you''re paying for.

Cheers

Matt

try http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/sounds.asp

Dude... SoundDog are expensive. Well that is if you are a hobbyist and can''t write it off on expenses.

D.V.
D.V.Carpe Diem
See if you can find a copy of Cosmi's 6000 Sound Effects. It's a royalty free cd of sound effects (some great, some crap) that I picked up for $5 at Walmart.

I've managed to use it for 3 game titles so far and it's been great.

There site is www.cosmi.com and they have it listed along with their other software. It also looks like they are looking for game developers so it might be worth checking out. And I have seen their products in Walmart in Canada.

borngamer

Edited by - borngamer on November 6, 2001 1:27:51 PM
I found 3Dcafe''s too long - normally a player shoots more than one bullet in 5 seconds, so they weren''t much good (my game uses futuristic weapons anyway).

Anyone know of good sound-editing software? Windows Game Programming For Dummies comes with SoundForge which is great...except you can''t save a bloody thing! What good is that to anyone???

"I envy you, who has seen it all"
"And I, young sir, envy you, who have yet to see it for the first time..."
- Daniel Glenfield
1st October 2001
if (witisism == !witty) return to_hole
10 bucks for a wav file? you gotta be kidding

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
Try looking for "free sound effects" in google. Theres loads of truly FREE sites out there.
Cool Edit''s cheaper than Soundforge (they''ve got a lite version too that comes free with a lot of different sound cards and stuff out there), and in most cases works just as well if not better in certain repsects.

If you''re looking for a good sound editor, I''d recommend going with that.

~~~~~I can put my foot in my mouth...WANNA SEE????~~~~~
lol, anyone with windows check your windows/media folder.
something...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement