level design - 3d cinematics

Started by
8 comments, last by riuthamus 9 years, 7 months ago

let me know what you think about it. any improvements that need to be made and such would be appreciated.

Advertisement

Everything looks very stunning.

The only problem that caught my eye was that at around 1:39 the texture on the pipe seemed a little low-res and let down an otherwise beautiful scene.

Stay gold, Pony Boy.

Looks good, really.

Just some points that came to my mind though:

- shadows look not dark enough for the evening mood in the first shot. I don't know if you disabled realtime shadows, if there is a shadowmap missing, if the ambient light is too strong or if your ambient cubemap, if you use IBL, is just to bright.

- some objects in the last shoot should not be rotated to match the ground. Some of this barrels would now tumble and roll away, IMO. Also the fence would most probably not stand like this on such a slope. Just looked off to me.

- if you want to improve the river scene, add some particle systems to the pillars of the pipeline. because they do not affect the water at the moment, it looks disconnected. Some gist or wave particles could improve the scene a lot.

Other than that, really good IMO

It's a little gray. The barrels under the bridge have nice colors, and the fire is pretty colorful, but everything else is rather desaturated. In particular those big pipes could be a stronger color, and some flowers or fish or insects could be colorful.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

thank you everyone. all these things were areas I never noticed. time to get to work :)

I was really looking forward to seeing this. Sad that you took it down.

I was really looking forward to seeing this. Sad that you took it down.

I put it back up for you :)

Thanks, not bad at all, the pipe certainly needs work but for the most part pretty good. Is there a reason why AA was not enabled?

didn't think about that lol. not sure how to do it either. Started using this program 3 months ago. I'll probably check it out now that you said that. I'm sure there is a checkbox somewhere in the world properties.

I know in UE4 there is an option for it in the rendering options. Not sure about UDK though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement