VGA

Started by
3 comments, last by Hinox 22 years, 5 months ago
I need help!!! I've been trying for ages and surched the internet but I still haven't got the answer to my question so this is my last resort. How do I do to import a pcx file in VGA??? I am using watcom. If you have a tutorial that works with watcom you can mail it to me at fubar83@spray.se Edited by - Hinox on November 6, 2001 1:15:37 PM
Advertisement
www.wotsit.org
They tell you everything including answer to life, the universe, everything.
There is no such thing as inporting a tga file into VGA ?!? VGA a graphic adapter standard! .. here is what to do ..

- Read the tga''s header, it will tell you about it''s width, height, data, bit pp and stuff like that ..
- Read the tga''s data into memory, in the way the header described, if the tga''s bpp is defferent from your vga mode you should ''translate'' it ... for example you mode might be 16bit 5x6x5 while the tga is 24bpp ... it will look very distorted ( also watch out for color keyes and color tables! )
- Now you have a bitmap of the graphics mode''s type in mem ... you can copy it to display memory or backbuffer ( watch out, copy every line of pixels seperately ( not the whole image at once ) for the graphics mode probably has a different width

If you don''t get anything of this have a look into: TGA file structure, bitmap images ( i don''t mean .bmp''s ) and the general meaning of images and video memory and all
good luck
Stefan
There is no such thing as inporting a tga file into VGA ?!? VGA a graphic adapter standard! .. here is what to do ..

- Read the tga''s header, it will tell you about it''s width, height, data, bit pp and stuff like that ..
- Read the tga''s data into memory, in the way the header described, if the tga''s bpp is defferent from your vga mode you should ''translate'' it ... for example you mode might be 16bit 5x6x5 while the tga is 24bpp ... it will look very distorted ( also watch out for color keyes and color tables! )
- Now you have a bitmap of the graphics mode''s type in mem ... you can copy it to display memory or backbuffer ( watch out, copy every line of pixels seperately ( not the whole image at once ) for the graphics mode probably has a different width

If you don''t get anything of this have a look into: TGA file structure, bitmap images ( i don''t mean .bmp''s ) and the general meaning of images and video memory and all
good luck
Stefan
First you will have to init DirectDraw9 under DOS and load your PCX-File with the OpenGL extension "GL_EXT_generic_image_format" and then you can display it!

Kneelz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement