Sign in to follow this  
deysourav

Ballz - Very addicting and Fun to play

Hi deysourav.

Played your game, "Ballz". Actually, I had made a game called "Ballz" before so I wanted to see what the rules were for this game. In my game, the player controlled three balls(z) simultaneously. You had to get each one to a goal that matched the pattern/color of the ball.

This game is very abstract. The rules feel arbitrary. Why is the same color dangerous? Why do I want to get points? It was fun at the beginning because I wanted to get a power-up. Once I got one, I realized it took away from my points. This is a strange rule. Now I don't know whether I am trying to survive for a longer time or just try to get the most points.

Also, the background is too bright and saturated.

When you don't have any warning for changing color, it makes it so that you get hit unfairly.

But the most important issue is that using a power-up felt like I was restarting the game rather than getting farther.

Hi deysourav.

Played your game, "Ballz". Actually, I had made a game called "Ballz" before so I wanted to see what the rules were for this game. In my game, the player controlled three balls(z) simultaneously. You had to get each one to a goal that matched the pattern/color of the ball.

This game is very abstract. The rules feel arbitrary. Why is the same color dangerous? Why do I want to get points? It was fun at the beginning because I wanted to get a power-up. Once I got one, I realized it took away from my points. This is a strange rule. Now I don't know whether I am trying to survive for a longer time or just try to get the most points.

Also, the background is too bright and saturated.

When you don't have any warning for changing color, it makes it so that you get hit unfairly.

But the most important issue is that using a power-up felt like I was restarting the game rather than getting farther.

Thanks a lot for your worthy reply/review. I will change the rules of the power ups to make the game more interesting. As for the graphical part is concerned, honestly I am not too good at it, but will keep your thoughts in mind. Thanks once again for your worthy review. :)

Sign in to follow this