How to design my game

Started by
1 comment, last by Keegz 9 years, 7 months ago

Hi

I have created a game but I feel I have jumped to far. Since my problem is programming I hope this is the right thread.

I have been asked to a game. Basically you have the main game which consists of 1 package to play and now they want it so that people will go onto there website and purchase and download new packages to install onto the main game (making it grow with more packages).

I made the game but now I am having trouble with the packages, since I cant make them into patch files since that will only replace the code, removing any previous package installed.

I hope I am making sense

Advertisement

If all the content in your game could be loaded from a file, then each package could simply be a collection of content for you game. This means levels, models, textures, and even game logic all needs to be independent of the compile time code.

Another option is to have the game come bundled with all of the content but downloading a 'package' simply unlocks it.

My current game project Platform RPG

Thanks HappyCoder

Could you please tell me how I would go about making your first option (making all the components independant of the compile code).

Because currently I have designed it in Construct 2 and exported in Node-Webkit. Which I think was a mistake.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement