HLSL 5 to GLSL cross compiler

Started by
3 comments, last by HappyCoder 9 years, 7 months ago

Right now I am working on a graphics engine for my next game. I have tried using Ogre in the past but it feels too outdated. In my over ambitious quest to make a cross platform and cross API graphics engine I have decided to make a HLSL to GLSL cross compiler. I know there is already a cross compiler for DX9 HLSL, but I want a cross compiler that works with DX11.

Its nowhere near being complete but I thought I would post a link to the repo if anybody was interested in helping or using the project.

https://github.com/lambertjamesd/Krono

The cross compiler is located under the subdirectory ShaderBunder/HLSLParser

If you would like to contribute to the project let me know

If you would like to use this let me know and let me know what features you need

It isn't ready for use yet, but I wanted to get some feedback to make sure I am not taking this in the wrong direction.

My current game project Platform RPG
Advertisement

What GLSL profiles can it target?

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

What GLSL profiles can it target?

Right now I am focusing on GLSL 4.4. However, the HLSL parse tree is indepedent of GLSL generator, so more than one generator can be added to support older versions of OpenGL or possibly OpenGL ES and Metal Shader Language, but that will be later on.

Where did you get the HLSL grammar? Is it online somewhere or did you create your own?

Where did you get the HLSL grammar? Is it online somewhere or did you create your own?

I have been basing it on this

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb509615(v=vs.85).aspx

It isn't the complete grammer so I have also been comparing functionality to compiler that is part of directx. It is partially guess work.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement