If you have some Java Exp, help!

Started by
3 comments, last by OmegaRigel 22 years, 5 months ago
I need to get a whole lot better @ Java. Me and a friend have a company (Echo Gaming) and he makes the Downloadables, and I''m going to start making the Web Games. Now, if you can help me by just by walking through two types of games (I mean like the pure basics encased in a game) 1. First Person Shooter 2. Simple Multiplayer (Like Chess) If you can help me with a dinky little Mini-Quake (lol), I''d probably learn a hell of alot. I don''t care how you talk to me (e-mail, messenger, whatever) just post a message or e-mail me @ christian222us@yahoo.com Btw, if you wanna help our company by contributing a Tetris, please do. You''ll get FULL credit and any links to your sites and crap.
*Pulls Out Virus* You will not defeat me, Bill Gates! :P
Advertisement
I thought these were here to help newbies! Geez, someone say something for crying out loud!
I think your problem is that people would be happy to answer specific questions for you, assuming you did try to solve the problem yourself... but nobody wants to sign up to be your personal tutor. You have to remember that everyone here is doing his or her own things, and they don''t have the time (or do not care enough) to walk you through even the miniest of Quakes!
Ask for a link to a tutorial about a specific aspect of what you want to do (ie using 3D in Java, or programming a simple multiplayer game), or try it yourself and ask specific questions when you get stuck.
Sorry that I can''t help you make a game!
But at least I put you on the right track towards getting a response next time.
Well, that was the response I was assuming to get! Some links or something! I know no one wants to teach a newbie but I''d thought I''d get a "Check This Out" or "Try this place". Seems to happen to everyone else
Try looking into WildTangent.

I have not played with it much, but there site has many tutorials including multiplayer.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement