Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DanTheRocker

Dialog Box Problem

DanTheRocker    122
I have a dialog box with a bunch of different controls, buttons, etc which all work fine. The only thing that is not working is the main title bar, which does not respond to anything. I can click on it all I want but it acts as if it doesn''t even exist. This includes the Minimize, Maximize, and exit buttons along with the system menu icon. In trying to figure out what was wrong, I made another dislog box. It has the same problem. I''m using MSVC++. Any ideas?

JasonA    152
I had a similar issue yesterday also.
Try using WS_SYSMENU | WS_CAPTION | WS_MINIMIZEBOX | WS_MAXIMIZEBOX

tell me if that works

Jason Arora
jason@pubism.com
http://www.pubism.com

DanTheRocker    122
Sadly no, it didn''t. Tell me if you figure it out.
Oh yea, could you try something for me (if you havn''t already fixed your problem). Make a button in the dialog what causes a message box to appear. Does it freeze up for you?

Omaha    100
I had that problem once. It was because I was handling those messages incorrectly--I assume it''s because my program was intercepting them and disposing of them before the default behavior did it''s thing.

DanTheRocker    122
Woohoo! I got it.
I changed...
LRESULT CALLBACK PlaylistDialogProc( HWND hWind, UINT msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam )
{
pApplication->PlaylistDialog( hWind, msg, wParam, lParam );

return DefWindowProc( hWind, msg, wParam, lParam );
}

to...
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Name: PlaylistDialogProc()
// Desc: Handles Windows Messages
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
LRESULT CALLBACK PlaylistDialogProc( HWND hWind, UINT msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam )
{

return pApplication->PlaylistDialog( hWind, msg, wParam, lParam );//DefWindowProc( hWind, msg, wParam, lParam );
}