Sign in to follow this  

Macros doesnt work anymore (visual studio c++)

This topic is 1183 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi

My macros (typically prewritten strings of basic code such as forloops, sprint commands etc) doesnt do anything anymore. They run, but dont write the code.

Ive seen this commented on internet, people say remove some windows update etc (i have win7) but nothing works. Really annoying.

1. So any other way to fix it?

2. Any simple plugin that can write some prewritten code at the push of a keyboard shortcut?

Thanks!
Erik

I use visual studio 2008. After a certain point, all macros stopped working (the exact same macro used to work fine, i didnt change the actual macro). It thinks for half a second then nothing happens.

One of the macros (its more of a quick way of writing some common code really):

Sub loop1()
        DTE.ActiveDocument.Selection.Text = "for(int i=0;i<10;i++)"
        DTE.ActiveDocument.Selection.NewLine()
    End Sub
Edited by suliman

You can try downloading and re-installing the Net Framework 4.0 Client Profile, Net Framework 3.5 and Net Framework 4.5.1 from Microsoft. The macros in VS 2008 depend on the net framework so if you uninstall one of those things, they may stop working and you won't know why. At least that's what happened to me once.

This topic is 1183 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.