quad strips demo

Started by
4 comments, last by dachande 22 years, 5 months ago
Hey, Would anyone mind giving me a small demo on using quad strips? Thanks
Advertisement
There are no quad strips. Only triangle strips. Quads get broken down to triangles by the drivers, so might as well use triangles in the first place.

1-3-5
|.|.|
2-4-6 etc

glBegin( GL_QUAD_STRIP )
glVertex3fv(1);
glVertex3fv(2); .. 3.4.5.6etc
glEnd();

using quads instead of tris require less typing and also for certain things its easier to see whats going on eg make a sphere with quads + tris, view both in wireframe or the quads look better
Oh yeah, sorry, I know all that... I am more interested in the order in which the vertices need to be declared.

Sorry for the mis-information,

Dachande
I have figured the order out using trial and error now..

I have a different problem though.

How do I select different textures to be used on diferent quads?

I can select a texture to be used.. but selecting textures in between the glBegin(GL_QUAD_SRIPS_ and glEnd functions does not work(in this case anyway, it must work for some). So how do I choose a second or third texture?

Since vertices overlap with strips, how am I to select 2 textures for those vertices.. I''m guessing that I don''t.. so whats''s the deal with this! Strips seem only good for coloured polygons, or those that require just one looping texture.

Dachande
theres a few things u cant do between begin..end statements binding textures is one of them. u will need to use multiple calls to begin(QUAD_STRIP) end()

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement