Looking to buy or invest in published indie games

Started by
5 comments, last by playsmore 9 years, 6 months ago
Playsmore, an innovative fun lab, is buying or investing in Android or Android Unity games.
* Any genre is acceptable so long as the gameplay is fun.
* The app must already be published to the google play store
* The game should include in-app purchasing options.
* We invest up to $2000 per game.
* We're also interested in portfolios!
Submit your app in this thread or at playsmoregames@gmail.com
Check us out at www.playsmore.com

Advertisement
Moving this to Your Announcements

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

What would investments cover? Would the developer be responsible for allocating that budget?

What do you get out of the investment?

* We invest up to $2000 per game.

Psh... that's like two weeks worth of wages for one employee. Multiply your investment offer by 100x and you might get a better response.

Personally, this sounds a bit sketchy to me. If I was an android developer who has already developed and released a game (as you're requiring), why would I ever need an investor??? My project is done! It doesn't cost me anything any more, it's a revenue stream which is returning me profits on my investment of time and sweat. A proper investment is more than just a few bucks thrown around, it's a calculated commitment of faith in a risky proposition which may or may not pay off. To me it sounds like you're trying to offer a meager sum of money to piggyback on the coattails of someone else's success because there is no risk anymore, and that does not appeal to anyone. So, you need a much better sales pitch, because I'm not taking you seriously as an investor.

It doesn't cost me anything any more, it's a revenue stream which is returning me profits on my investment of time and sweat.

Advertising. A released game makes you $0 profit if nobody knows about it. Free-to-play games require continued maintenance and investment in order to keep the revenue stream up or accelerate it.

But $2,000 is chump change in the advertising department...

Sean Middleditch – Game Systems Engineer – Join my team!

Then again, 2000$ of advertising will hardly help...

Hi guys, yes we'd like to invest in advertising, and thank you for the feedback regarding the investment.

$2000 is not a huge amount indeed but if invested properly could dramatically improve the revenue.

We are not aiming to invest in big studio games. Rather, we are focusing on small time indies which we believe have the potential to grow.

Which games are you developing?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement