Free game engines for 3d games

Started by
11 comments, last by angutyo 9 years, 6 months ago

Ahh JMonkey is good and as the King said it's free. Unreal Engine 4 should also be taken into consideration and as someone mentioned the subscription fee is not unbearable.

Advertisement

No love for Polycode?

It's C++ API is easy to use and you can opt to build the IDE and have a nice Unity-like editor albeit with a few little quirks.

Polycode is good but the IDE is pretty darn buggy and I wouldn't use it. The Core APIs in C++ are great though.

@OP, sounds like you want something with a full development environment/WYSIWYG. For that, as others have mentioned, Unity and UDK are probably your best options. However, if you're willing to/want to do things all in code then there's a few other options. Like I said above, Polycode is one option. Others include bgfx (https://github.com/bkaradzic/bgfx), Irrlicht, Ogre3d.

Hi, I'm looking up what free game engines I can download by I am looking for one that allows me to create a 3d game either in first person or third person (Maybe both). I tried Game Maker but I found out that if I want to do something like this, I may have to pay for a premium version (Please correct me if I am wrong).

So far I am thinking of Unity and the Unreal Development Kit but I saw paid versions of both engines and I am not sure if any of those would give me the same issue. I am doing more research on them in the meantime.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

I made TH?S with Unity 3d . Dont try to make complicated games alone with no experience. Dont waste your precious time for finding America again. Unity already did it. :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement