no texture on terrain

Started by
3 comments, last by miataman1990 22 years, 5 months ago
I loaded a terrain I made in Landscape studio into the simple land example. Everything seems to work, except there are no textures on the land. It''s black. The fog, sky box and water work correctly. I am not sure what I haven''t included, but there must be a discrpency somewhere.
Advertisement
When you copied the landscape file over to the land1 directory, did you also move the texture files? Unless you were using the default ones when you made your landscape, those need to be copied too I think.

Either that, or you need to copy the terrain.jpg (I think that''s the name) file over as well.
Might be a missing detail texture too. Are you copying your entire level directory over to the simpleland example?
Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)
I copied over everything in the directory Landscape Studio made when I created the level. I double checked to make sure all the correct files were there, and they were. I even went through the code in C++ to see if anything needed to be changed, but I didn''t see anything. I even tried changing the directory name and then changing it in the code, but I still got the same thing. I also tried copying over the texture files from the original level, but it still wouldn''t show up.
what kind of graphics card do you have?

-Rich

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement