DirectX - Multihead with anti-aliasing

Started by
0 comments, last by Chindril 9 years, 6 months ago

I have a problem right now when using DirectX 9 in multihead mode (3 monitor on 1 graphic card, using a single D3D9Device). My code works only if I deactivate the full screen anti-aliasing by setting MultiSampleType and MultiSampleQuality to 0 in the presentation parameters.

As soon as I activate the anti-aliasing, the device gets lost / restored every frame and all 3 monitors are only black. I'm trying to find out if these modes are compatible and if so, what am I doing wrong.

I could paste some code if needed, but I'm not sure what would be important.

Thanks,

Advertisement

I have some more informations regarding this problem.

After more tracing, I realized I never get the D3DERR_DEVICELOST state when using TestCooperativeLevel, it is always D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET. I receive this state at the first frame after I setup my 3 full screen windows and I can never reset it correctly. Calling IDirect3DDevice9::Reset with the correct presentation parameters returns S_OK as expected, however when I call TestCooperativeLevel again before rendering, the state is yet again D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET.

The exact same code is working just fine when I use only 2 monitors, even with multisampling activated.

The multisampling values are used elsewhere in the code, for the depth buffer and textures among other things. Perhaps the problem is not with the device itself but with these extra resources ? Is it possible ?

Thanks,

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement