The Week of awesome II - The judge Thread!

Started by
175 comments, last by dmatter 9 years, 5 months ago

If I may ask. ReColorMe. What did you like? What did you hate? Regards.

I liked the graphics and feel of the game, movement felt good and responsive. When I started out I was very confused about what to do, I started jumping and dying. I then noticed the 'ammo' spawning(doesn't spawn on the first run for me), but I thought it was a coin of some sort. Then I noticed that I could sometimes fire something, and then I realized it was ammo that could be used to solidify blocks. This was quite a lengthy process of figuring out the very basics of the game, I only saw afterwards that you forgot to include the readme.

I think I got up to the third helicopter level, where I couldn't figure out how to move on. The one where you have to fall down though the spikes and not go for the helicopter(I think). I liked the different mechanics of the blocks, dinosaur and helicopter, but I felt like the helicopter was a little unintuitive. Jump on a greyed out dinosaur and you fall through(good), jump on a greyed out helicopter and you die(unexpected). I sort liked and disliked not knowing what was being expected of me, having to figure out a puzzle is nice, but having to figure out the rules of the game was frustrating at times.

I hope that's the kind of feedback you were looking for, if not, feel free to shoot me down :lol:.

Thank you for the feedback. I tried to create the levels to have the player learn as they go(supposed to die on the first level) If you jump on the greyed out Dino he kills as well, like the heli. The third heli is level six I think. Just simply jump off him onto the blocks below :) I appreciate the feedback and attempt at a playthrough. I think you would have enjoyed the interaction of the puzzle pieces later on. I'll be sure to do a slight bit more hand holding early on in future games to establish the rules (time constraints this time of course) regards!
Advertisement

I know some people have read it allready, but my postmortem is here

My CVMy money management app: ELFSHMy game about shooting triangles: Lazer of Death

post mortem. I stole

Orymus3's Layout

http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1929/entry-2260319-recolorme-post-mortem/

Copycat :P

@slicer4ever

Could you list the games that are in each archive?

The first archive you uploaded seams to be missing phil's game and I can't find a download link for it.

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

The first archive you uploaded seams to be missing phil's game and I can't find a download link for it.

Yeah, my game is missing from the archives, and so is the "Little Jimmy" game. I suppose because they also have web versions?

fyi ryan20fun, the download links are in the first post of this thread.

So here is my shot at writing a post mortem:

http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1944/entry-2260321-shelves-post-mortem/

A bit long but i had a lot to say :)

@slicer4ever

yes, it seems i forgot to include his(and i discovered i forgot to include XOON as well(even though i swear that was one of the first ones i put into the folder)) so i'm going to have to rebuild the archive this weekend, but for now you can simply use the web player, or direct download link that's listed in his entry.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Yeah, my game is missing from the archives, and so is the "Little Jimmy" game. I suppose because they also have web versions?

fyi ryan20fun, the download links are in the first post of this thread.

Thanks!

And here is the (more) psychedelic texture replacement pack, Enjoy smile.png

[attachment=24055:Psychedelic texture replacement pack.zip]

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Team: Orymus3:

Btw my game is called "The Life of Phillip Morris", not Delivery.

Though, admittedly, without a title screen, I agree that was a tough one to find :P

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement