Book

Started by
5 comments, last by Daboy 22 years, 5 months ago
Hey guys, ive been reading reviews all night long on amazon.com so i need to know flat out what book is better Delphi 5 Developer''s Guide or Mastering Delphi 5. Im a beginner but i want it to include advanced stuff also if u get what im saying....if possible plz respond soon... Thx Guys
Jordan Weberwww.pheonixsoftware.com
Advertisement
I haven''t read any of those, but to confuse you even more: I heard some pretty good things about Delphi 5 unleashed....
Hi!

I have read both of those books and If you are a beginner then Mastering Delphi is the one for you, but Delphi5 Developers guide is extremly good, but not for beginners! There are lot of examples in both of the books and I will still recommend you to read the Mastering book first then get on to Developers guide!

Good Luck!
I''ve also read the Delphi5 book, and I have to agree it does include some advanced stuff. Pretty well written. Comes with 5 or 6 (essential) chapters on cd as well (if someone knows how to print them - they are pdf files, but the printer button has been disabled?). Dunno about Mastering Delphi 5 - sorry.

Another topic, anyone read the Isometric Game Programming ? Is it any good, and is it easy to convert to delphi? If you exclude the directX primer stuff, is it still worth the bucks???

How about any of the other books, Programming Gems 1 and 2, are they useful for a Delphi only-user or can you just as well surf the web for the info???

Cheers folks
hugin ~ In search of knowledge
Hi,

The Delphi 5 Developer''s Guide book is indeed very well written and certainly would be worth your while getting. I haven''t read the other book though so I don''t know whether it''s any good.

On the subject of the chapters on the CD, if you go to the link found in the introduction of the book you''ll find a printable version of the .pdf file to download :-D

Ben Watt
delphigamedev.com
Ok from what i read i think im gonna go with Mastering Delphi 5.....one more thing tho. What about Delphi 5 bible???

Thx for all ur replys
One last thing.....does mastering delphi 5 touch on VCL and components???

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement