• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Crain

BEPU Physics Issue / Question

This topic is 1481 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to implement a physics engine into my 2D top-down game and running into a slight issue which I need help with!

I am currently testing out the BEPU physics engine in the XNA C# environment. I have the players and NPC's setup as a "Box" on the server side and adding them to the "Space" to run the simulations every step and that all works fine, but once I have collided with about 4-5 "Boxes" the collision just stop, I can pass right through the boxes as if they are not there. The NPC's are stationary for the moment but the player is moved via the ApplyLinearImpulse call, I am not sure if this is the correct method.

Has anyone ran into the issue of the collisions just stopping or am I doing something wrong? Anyone have a good example of using a physics engine in a 2d top down type game?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!