This chat, apparently, is a gigantic coding horror

Started by
24 comments, last by Sik_the_hedgehog 9 years, 6 months ago

Whilst we are taking credit for other peoples work:

if you type (don't copy): &?#x200B , into the chat, you are able to print a blank line (which is not possible by any other means) works quite nicely if you are speechless

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

Advertisement
No, dsm, that's wrong. It's "&?#x200B;", which is a ZERO WIDTH SPACE, which I've been trying to explain to you this past half hour that it can be used to escape chars:

"__&?#x200B;A__" is displayed as "__A__", whereas
"__A__" is displayed as "&".

No, dsm, that's wrong. It's "&?#x200B;", which is a ZERO WIDTH SPACE, which I've been trying to explain to you this past half hour that it can be used to escape chars:

"__&?#x200B;A__" is displayed as "__A__", whereas
"__A__" is displayed as "&".

I am not wrong. If you trype "&?#x200B" into the chat, you are indeed able to print a blank line.

43AIf6T.png

Now, I wouldn't mind you saying mean things ( :( ) if I was indeed incorrect, but I do believe I never gave an explanation of why it printed a blank line - Which you are unable to do if you press space.

thank you for the information, it is very wise.

P.S.

you 'trying to explain something' constisted of about 2-3 lines of cryptic information

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

Okay, dsm, I'm sorry for flying off the handle. I just got frustrated because you weren't understanding Unicode and/or HTML.
Anyways, it's not technically a blank line in much the same way " " isn't blank line. The difference is that the latter isn't allowed because it's recognized as just spaces, whereas the former is allowed, because it doesn't recgonize &?#x200B; as a non-printable character.

Okay, dsm, I'm sorry for flying off the handle. I just got frustrated because you weren't understanding Unicode and/or HTML.
Anyways, it's not technically a blank line in much the same way " " isn't blank line. The difference is that the latter isn't allowed because it's recognized as just spaces, whereas the former is allowed, because it doesn't recgonize &?#x200B; as a non-printable character.

me too :wub:

my point was that you can not send the chat message " ". but with 200b you can.

Also, I didn't know you where using uni code, you just saying things :s lol

Wait wait wait, doesn't this mean the chat isn't escaping ampersands properly then? Because otherwise you'd be forced to enter the U+200B character directly (not as a HTML entity).

Don't pay much attention to "the hedgehog" in my nick, it's just because "Sik" was already taken =/ By the way, Sik is pronounced like seek, not like sick.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement