LOL - I wrote a poem about OpenGL

Started by
7 comments, last by mikev 9 years, 6 months ago

ODE TO OPENGL

Draw my image! Paint my vision! No delay, no indecision. Give me power give me speed! Satisfy my lustful greed!

Render pixels on the fly! Draw me trees and earth and sky! Who will answer per my cry? The OpenGL API!

For each vector, vertex shader, transform now, and save, for later, be a good friend, be a neighbor, to the geo-tesselator!

Coordinates are barycentric, "displacement mapping is your friend" trick, get these suckers tiled and send quick, to the FS, time to rend pix!

Very soon we'll rasterize! Feed those pixels to mine eyes! But not before we normalize, by w we must divide!

From NDC raster the scene, the fragment shader's work now seen , sampled textures, normals, *scream* why'm I getting a blank screen?

Why's this thing so damn unstable? Is my stencil test disabled? Did my dog chew through my cable? I take a peek under the table...

Pound my keyboard, throw my socks, check out pics of Megan Foxx, wasting hours off the clocks, wonder am I dealing with a logical system, or a "magic feelings box"?

Lost 4 hours... one line fix. Had to flip one freaking switch.... spent all evening on this hitch... OpenGL you know I love you, but like all lovers you're a.... difficult person!

Advertisement

I have mixed feelings about this.

Good one.

Now, write one about DirectX 11... Bye, I'll be back next year.

*scream* why'm I getting a blank screen?

proof you have programmed in OpenGL...

I think, therefore I am. I think? - "George Carlin"
My Website: Indie Game Programming

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/indieprogram

My Book: http://amzn.com/1305076532

OpenGL you know I love you, but like all lovers you're a.... difficult person!

My favourite part.

Engineering Manager at Deloitte Australia

Now write an ode to opengl drivers.

I'm not sure if this is sadly amusing, or amusingly sad! wink.png

Now write an ode to opengl drivers.

Sing, Goddess, programmers’ rage,
Black and murderous, that cost the programmer
Incalculable pain, pitched countless vendor-specific hacks
Of heroes into Hades’ dark,
And left their lines of code to rot as feasts
For dogs and birds, as the drivers’ will was done.
Begin with the clash between AMD, Intel and NVIDIA--
The OpenGL drivers--and godlike programmer.

Direct3D has need of instancing, but we do not. We have plenty of glVertexAttrib calls.

*applause* Good one, mhagain! I upvoted you!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement