World's first mobile taekwondo game!

Started by
11 comments, last by HelloThere 9 years, 4 months ago

Hi everyone,

We're especially proud of one of our upcoming games - the world's first mobile taekwondo game!

We've based the characters' movements on mo-cap from professional players, and recorded the sound effects in a real taekwondo dojang, so it's as close to the real deal as it can be.

We wanted to make a fighting game that works and plays well on mobile devices, but still meets the feeling of a console game. The gameplay is competitive and challenging, and at the same time easily accessible. Besides the single player tournament there is also a cross platform multiplayer mode - kicking a friend's ass is always fun!

Check out the trailer below and let us know what you think!

We're still working hard on the game, so I'll post some pictures and videos here for you as we go! To find out more about the game, release dates and so on, sign up on taekwondogame.com!

Cheers,

Marie

Advertisement

AppSpy just did a preview of The Taekwondo Game, and they're saying some REALLY nice things about it!

Like "startlingly polished fighter" and "is rapidly becoming my most anticipated game on iOS this year".

SO HAPPY!

Check it out!

http://www.appspy.com/feature/9139/hands-on-with-the-taekwondo-game-the-incredibly-promising-mobile-fighting-sim

That is pretty damn cool! I wanted to do something very similar a while ago but more of a tutorial for patterns and techniques so students don't have to reach for their tatty handbooks again. Good work!

Thanks! :)

I was in competition at the collegiate level for several years. I wasn't any good, but I competed all the same ;) i will take a peak when it's out.

A word of advice as an app developer - don't push much hype, if any, ahead of launch. I do not believe that it helps your cause, and I think it has a chance to hurt it.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

Thanks for the advice, Promit! That's a good point. It's just so hard to keep it in, we're so proud of it! :)

Yeah, I understand - but the gulf between "almost done" and "done" is a big one. Gamers and press are not always so understanding of that. You should watch this video, talking about marketing and timelines:

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

Thanks, will have a look!

Is the game based on WTF or ITF rules?

Is the game based on WTF or ITF rules?

It's WTF!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement