• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
_mappy_

OpenGL Can't Fix A Bug In My Millionaire Program! Help!

This topic is 1529 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So I've coded a mock who wants to be a millionaire program, and I've run into a problem.

About 40% of the time when the phone a friend lifeline is activated by a click or hotkey, the program crashes. Unsure of why this is. Ask any questions you need to know below, but know im not too experienced in OpenGL, so don't expect too much from me.

Source is attached, help would be amazing! :)

https://www.mediafire.com/?1s2aos7pr434d2j

Advertisement

Have you tried debugging the problem at all to see why it's crashing? Can you give us any more information about what happens when your program crashes? Can you find any way of reproducing the crash reliably? The more information, the better :)

Also how does a compressed version of your source code manage to be 60mb?

Have you tried debugging the problem at all to see why it's crashing? Can you give us any more information about what happens when your program crashes? Can you find any way of reproducing the crash reliably? The more information, the better smile.png

Also how does a compressed version of your source code manage to be 60mb?

It contains all question/other config files, exes, and all other nessesary assets to make it function, so its the source +other stuff.

To reproduce the crash, you can probably just enter a game, use phone a friend, get the question wrong, and repeat. Eventually one time when you use phone a friend the program will become unresponsive and crash. And debugging does nothing.

With further testing, the error seems to occur much more often on higher questions when wrong answers and when higher certainty percentages are generated.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!