Issues with linking Fmod Studio low level library into project

Started by
5 comments, last by tragic 9 years, 5 months ago

So visual studio is kicking my ***, Im attempting to integrate fmod into on of the DLL's for my game/engine but im having the issue with not being able to open the fmod.hpp header file or any of the header files.

error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'fmod.hpp': No such file or directory

I have the following settings in VS 2012

C/C++ -> Additional Include Directories -> C:\Program Files (x86)\FMOD SoundSystem\FMOD Studio API Windows\api\lowlevel\inc

Linker -> General -> Additional Library Directories -> C:\Program Files (x86)\FMOD SoundSystem\FMOD Studio API Windows\api\lowlevel\lib

Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies -> fmod_vc.lib

I am compiling for Win32 with Debug. All of the DLL's but the one which is including fmod compile, the executable also compiles.

If any additional details are needed please ask.

Thanks,

Tragic

Advertisement

"fmod.hpp" or <fmod.hpp> ?

Is fmod.hpp inside C:\Program Files (x86)\FMOD SoundSystem\FMOD Studio API Windows\api\lowlevel\inc ?

I've tried both <> and "".
That path does contain fmod.hpp as well as fmod.h(this is the C interface where as the former is the C++ interface).
Bump!

In Visual Studio, in the cpp file that contains the line in question, right-click on the line #include <fmod.hpp>, and select Open Document "fmod.hpp" If you can't open it, then your project configuration properties VC++ Directories->Include Directories setting is incorrect. Fix that.

If that doesn't provide the solution, try changing that line as follows and compile:

#include "C:\Program Files (x86)\FMOD SoundSystem\FMOD Studio API Windows\api\lowlevel\inc\fmod.hpp"

You can also try copying fmod.hpp directly to your project directory and #include "fmod.hpp"

Otherwise post the first several lines of the cpp file that contains and shows the line:

#include <fmod.hpp>

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

Buckeye's solution fixed the issue. But I still find it very odd that Open Document <fmod.hpp> did in fact work but at compile time the file couldn't be opened.

The solution that worked below.

#include "C:\Program Files (x86)\FMOD SoundSystem\FMOD Studio API Windows\api\lowlevel\inc\fmod.hpp" fixed the issue but it was weird since i could 

Thanks to everyone who replied.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement