• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
carew

Bytecode from PC to mobile

This topic is 1344 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello,

Is it possible to use bytecode saved on Linux (x86/x64) on mobile platforms like Android or iOS (ARM)? Today I tried that, but it looks like a bytecode is incompatible (Script building failed). Is it a bug or normal behaviour? Bytecode works without problems on both x86 and x64 Linux.

Cheers,

Advertisement

As long as you observe the few restrictions listed in the manual, the pre-compiled byte code is platform independent. 

Can you tell me more about the error you're getting? When loading byte code you're not building/compiling the script so you shouldn't be getting a 'script building failed' situation. Though perhaps you only used the wrong term, and the error you're getting is really that the LoadByteCode method returns an error? Is anything written to the message stream? What does it say?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!