• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
gooncorp

Naval Simulation Prototype

This topic is 1509 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

This project is only a few days old.

How many days? How much is custom work?

It seems you've got a lot done already... Unity 3D?

It may just be that I'm a little dozy today (which I am), but I'm honestly not sure of what to make of it: the video mentions this being a template intended for producing prototypes, while the video and thread titles describe it as a prototype itself. Do you want comment on the template or the naval scene?

One thing that I will say is that the gun has a slightly distracting jerkiness and speed to its bobbing when the player moves.

Unity 3D?

The video does indicate that it's made in Unity, I believe.

lol. thanks for the input I appreciate it.  your definetly right on the gun. all this work is original. i made those models in blender and animated them and i coded it.  i am just about to reduce the right arm movement because like you said its too much.  i will be slowly updating these characters and making the game look higher quality.

just to be clear this is a prototype manufacturing kit.  im designing it so i can radiply deploy games.  this game/prototype is showcasing how i'm able to do this.

ive spent a lot of time on coding the framework. the framework has taken me 3 years in the unity engine to realize.  i originally wrote the code in javascript then i recently converted the whole project to c#.  i wrote my own networking package. etc.

Thanks Thaumaturge and Orymus3 for the comments.  I appreciate it :)

Espen

here is another video update of the navy marines project. i added textures :) also added vehicles with physics.

Love to see projects coming together from the ground up (or thereabouts, as you already have years of work behind the scenes). I can see a strong first person interactive element, but for things like the ships how are you planning to handle automation or management? One problem I can strongly see with the perspective is that unless it's just all in fun (arcade) there's going to be an expectation for something like a cruiser or battleship that the other guns come into play simultaneously, which would imply a lot of AI work.

Or wait... is it multiplayer only? If so, then nevermind! :D

well you touch on a lot of good points and thank you for the support and compliments.  i'm trying to abstract my ai into a system that is highly modular. for example i could have an ai that can think but i could have that same ai script controlling a turret for example. im trying to find ways to really really abstract things to the point that it could be a gun, turret, character, or vehicle all controlled by the same thing because the basic elements of behaviour are the same. this sounds easy on the surface but it takes up a lot of my thought processes throughout the day.

thanks again i really appreciate the feedback.

here is another update: 

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!