Two Way Tower Defence-ish?

Started by
5 comments, last by Nerf 9 years, 6 months ago

Hey guys I'm new here, but I just wanted a bit of feedback on a game I've been developing.

Keep in mind it's my first game ever, so I do need a bit of help to further realize it.

So it's going to be an android app and the idea of it is practically two-way tower-defense (as in you have to go offence), but from the perspective of "The Battle Cats", or "Cartoon Wars" (basically side view). Me and a few others are pretty serious about getting this game out.

What I mean by two way is that you must defend and attack, because the only way to end a round is killing the enemy. There are certain mechanics to insure that you have to make towers, so don't worry about that. Another cool feature is that in-between rounds you can use a tech tree to unlock more variety, and viola, hopefully that will implement long-play-ability.

The art and style of the game is like medievally pixel-arty thing. It's actually pretty cool, if you ask me.

Thanks,

Nerf

This link takes you to the whole idea: http://www.gamesprout.com/ideas/998/design_document

Advertisement

I think you might consider using the "your annoucements" sub-forum next time... are we supposed to discuss something about this?

Previously "Krohm"

You'll probably need to make this about territory control to make it interesting. Creating towers that defend and buildings that spawn units, and being able to create towers closer and closer to the enemy stronghold as your units advance, all the while dealing with enemy units and towers.

I didn't see any of the art on the page you linked to. Make sure you make mockups for this, it's not clear how your sideview will work, since that's unconventional for a game like this.

"Two way tower defense" in effect is an RTS, even if it is a done with a side view. You will probably have to face the various design considerations that others have with this type of game (resource gathering, unit balance, preparing for "the rush"). Even if your game has quite a few difference from a traditional RTS, I would think that articles written on the subject might help identify issues you'll want to consider as you design your game.

You will have to collect resources, probably through special buildings. As of now, you can only have six towers/buildings, hopefully that will be changed, it's more of a placeholder system.

Also, how do you think you should be able to collect resources?

Star mine, the idea for moving towards the enemy base with towers, is a good one. One of my creative designers was playing around with it, actually.

Should there be a cooldown on creating troops?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement