• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
suliman

screen resolution, 1360x768 no longer possible?

This topic is 1431 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi

This might not be a really programming problem but a problem nonetheless.

Just switches card from radeon hd 4850 to radeon r7 240. All worked fine with old card and same monitor.

Now my games (both my own and commercial games, as well as win 7 desktop solution) cannot run fullscreen in 1360x768. And thats the res i normally develop for, since its common for laptops.

To clearify, i can run it, but the screen does not all "fit" on the monitor. Some parts of the rendered picture seems to be "outside the monitor". It works fine for 1024x768 and 1920x1080. Also if i start a game (in this case AC:black flag) in 1360x768, switch to 1024x768 and back to 1360x768 the screen DO show all of the picture...

Very strange. Win is newly installed as well. Ive tried latest stable drivers and the newest beta as well. Same problem...

(1366x768 has same problem as 1360x768)

Thanks for any input

Erik

Edited by suliman

Advertisement

Looks like you've got a VGA LCD/LED monitor.

These monitors require calibrating itself to the signal. The monitor will remember a few calibrations for a given combination of resolutions and frequency hz. Probably your monitor saw that the frequency changed (i.e. 60 vs 75hz, or 59.9 vs 60hz) when you switched GPUs, and thus got the calibration wrong.

There should be an "auto" button in your monitor that runs the calibration procedure, which usually takes 1 to 5 seconds. You'll see the screen stretching itself until it aligns properly.

Run the "auto" procedure while you've got plenty of colour in the screen. If you run it while there's mostly black, the calibration will go wrong (i.e. 10% of the screen will be "outside")

If there's no "auto" button, consult the manual of you monitor. It could be an OSD option or you have to hold a particular key combination.

Edited by Matias Goldberg

That resolution makes me cry. sad.png  My laptop is 7 years old and even then it at least has a 1680x1050 screen.

It's worth also mentioning that if you make games for consoles, I've read that you're not allowed to put important details right at the edge of the screen, because different TVs and their alignments can cut off some edges.

Thanks guys!

The auto-correct on the screen didnt work for that solution, and there is no manual stretch, only manual position. (isnt that very strange? the screen is BENQ G24020HDB)

However, this setting in AMD catalyst control center does solve it.

My VGA displays->image scaling->(enable GPU scaling "Scale image to full panel size"

I dont know if this is a optimal solution, but it seems to work...

E

Thanks guys!

The auto-correct on the screen didnt work for that solution, and there is no manual stretch, only manual position. (isnt that very strange? the screen is BENQ G24020HDB)

However, this setting in AMD catalyst control center does solve it.

My VGA displays->image scaling->(enable GPU scaling "Scale image to full panel size"

I dont know if this is a optimal solution, but it seems to work...

E

This is what I did IIRC, so it should be good. Never had any problems.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!