Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

h8r0

WildTangent

h8r0    122
I was just wondering if anyone else has taken the time to check out http://www.wildtangent.com and the web based 3D technoilogy they have created (it can also be browser based). I am a total newbie and was surprised by the ease with which I was able to rreally get something up and running. You have a choice of languages from Java to java-script to C++ and VB and for standalone apps, basically any COM enabled language (such as C# for example) For any newbies or people looking for a quality free 3D engine that utilizes DirectX (no shader support as of yet)I would recommend taking a LOOK.. if only to get ur feet wet

glenrm    122
There are some very impressive demos available here as well. The truck racing demos I have seen are very well done. Now all we need is broadband for everyone and some sort of cyber cash.

Glen Martin
Dynamic Adventures Inc.
Zenfar

h8r0    122
you can download the source for the truck racing demo buy the way.. as far as broadband.. one of the fascinating aspects of the wildtangent technology is 6that it honestly doesnt require a broadband connection to take advantage of it. Most of the programs are around 1 MB or less in size and can be run from ur local machine once downloaded in a way similar to a Flash game..

h8r0    122
and by the way, supposedly the truck racing demo was done by a web designer (22 years old and non-degreed) who isnt even a game programmer in two months no less... cooool