• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
fredrum

Get position & size from other windows?

This topic is 1337 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a good way of getting told/messaged when a particular other programs main window gets moved or resized?

I have a function that can figure out the current state at any one time but i was wondering if there was a message passing or something that Windows does so i could get this continously rather than just when i ask for it?

I have googled it plenty but cant seem to find any examples.

Cheers

Advertisement

Thanks a lot Megadan, that sounds just like it is what I need! smile.png

Funnily the guy who asks the question in your link has my exact name, same spelling.

I love this forum, always helpful and friendly.

Will report back tomorrow when ill get back to the project.

Cheers

EDIT:   I went a bit further with this and managed to get the info I needed from the system. I have yet to pass it back the the main program from the dll.

But basically I might try something simpler to start with, like a thread just polling a few times a second. To start with anyway. This way seems a bit too much of a tightrope walk in a dark and stormy night, as I read someone describe it.

Edited by fredrum

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!