Some one help beore I smash in my monitor. DInput 8 is not playing nice with Borland

Started by
10 comments, last by ElNoNombreHombre 22 years, 5 months ago
OK first I''d like to say a BIG thanks to all who have helped thus far and I think the bug is a few taps of the keyboard and a click of the mouse from being squashed.

However in a related story it appears that it may not be a bug at all...

reason being that after fighting my computer to not freeze up, and getting frustrated with Borland... I went to my Intro edition of MSVC++6.0... I run the program and I am, to my great delight and dismay given a Message Box that read the translated HRESULT of 3.

It''s String returned?

S_OK

Now, could someone tell me what in the Sam Hill that means (sorry, I''m a little flustered and I need to vent)? And if it''s what one of my friends thinks it is, saying that it means everything went ok... why did the FAILED marco return true?

My head hurts...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To all of those who think I''m just being contradictory:

No I''m not!
To all of those who think I'm just being contradictory:No I'm not!My First Game!!!"
Advertisement
Ok... after looking at the code, thoroughly perplexed... i discovered the following horrifying mistake:

if(hres = DI_OK)  

yea... hopefully astute programeres can see where this is going

however i fixed it and got a REAL error

E_POINTER.

Great. Now what...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To all of those who think I''m just being contradictory:

No I''m not!
To all of those who think I'm just being contradictory:No I'm not!My First Game!!!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement