• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
lomateron

synthetic instruments tutorials?

This topic is 1425 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Anyone knows good tutorials on how to create synthetic instruments from scratch like the ones you found in FL studio?

I have tried by myself but the more complex sounds I have made are just by adding and multiplying sine waves of different frequencies and volume between each other and changing this variables over time too, I get mehh sounds.

Advertisement
One should probably mention csound here. Be warned, it's huge and last time I played around (two years ago) the programming language was still quite archaic.

i put this small collection of notes together a while ago.. http://xoxos.net/sem/dsp2public.pdf

band limited interpolated tables are a fast way to move into cpu efficient timbrality, the concept isn't really more advanced than making waveform samples then selecting them during playback based on # of partials so as to stay below nyquist.

at kvraudio's dsp forum you'll find notes on "zero-delay feedback" filters, specifically source for 0dfs designed by neotec, mystran, and robin schmidt. worth grabbing. they're a bit more intensive to implement than biquads, state variable et c. but immediacy of the sound is worth it. i'm sure a half hour at kvr will give you tons of leads.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!