Game that needs a name and story ideas

Started by
2 comments, last by ArcticWolf 9 years, 4 months ago

Hello all,

I've made a post here about a game I'm making. It's too much to sum up. I need story ideas and a name for my game. If you don't mind, can you give my game a read and give me feedback/ideas?

Jason

***ORIGINAL POST***

You are a based follower of the based God. We have four protagonists:

• Blaze it Michael (Picture Here)

• Captain YOLO (Picture Here)

• Gerald Johnson (Picture Here)

• Jamal. (Picture Here)

They are all based followers of the based god. Now, before I continue let me say that this game will be made in Unity 3D, and it's mostly based off of montage parodies.(Google it) So, This may or may not be appropriate for some people so you've been warned.

They have been bopped so hard (Bopped is a word we're trying to make famous... it basically means juked, or played.) by the Illuminati and they all seek revenge. Now in a way, they meet each other kinda like how the three Protagonists meet in GTA V. These characters meet at different parts of the story. So the story can drag on a bit. The Illuminati hires different types of people to stop you from getting to them. Here are the enemies we have now:

• Keyboard Warriors (some fat some skinny nerd who send robots to attack. Very weak)
  • Those who are ratchet. (We've imagined people crawling on all fours with poison attacks.)
  • Based Blasphemers (Haters of the based God. They must be destroyed at all costs.)
  • Wannabe Swaggers (Dudes who think they have swag. They just don't.)
  • Police/Snitches (Don't have too much about this yet. Any ideas would be nice)

The final boss is the Illuminati, and we wanted to add the following elements into the game

• Sound effect of a crowd going "OHHHHHHH!!!" For each no scope sniper shot.
  • Doritos BUT I was going to call it something different.f
  • Mountain Dew Same thing as Doritos.
  • A recruiting system.
Advertisement

you're looking for the wrong thing. your original post already has what I determine as the story idea, that is you have the basic plot and how you want the story to progress. What you're looking for is the fleshing out of the story, where it goes what happens etc. This is better left to you and your team to do. Then you can come back and present what you've done and we, as fellow writers, can offer suggestions or critic on what we agree/disagree within your choices.

Once you've got a sound storyline and how it progresses, then you can decide on the gameplay. While generally I'm one to think that the storyline and gameplay are intertwined, and one cannot be progressed without the other, I consider comedy a different case. Since you are focusing on humor, I believe the development of the script is the priority. Only after you develop that script do you go back and decide on what gameplay you want to support this humor.

Finally, a name is something that can change during production. Because of this, most people put a place-holder name, a name quickly thought up that relates in some way to the game, to use as a referral and decides later on whether or not to change the name.

Note: the amount of publicity a game gets changes whether this happens or not. Publicising a name that may change later on can cause difficulty's with fans who have incorrect information. If you do decide to post-pone the naming decision, its best to make it very clear that the name you are using is temporary.

Technique: An easy name creation technique is to have your team run off a bunch of names that come to mind and start an elimination round until you get to the one you are most happy with.

If, at any point, what I post is hard to understand, tell me. I am bad at projecting my thoughts into real words, so I appreciate the knowledge that I need to edit my post.

I am not a professional writer, nor a professional game designer. Please, understand that everything you read is simply an opinion of mind and should not, at any point in time, be taken as a credible answer unless validated by others.

Personally I love the idea of games that are just comedy, haha. What you have here sounds like an episode of Robot Chicken smashed together with a bad Korean/Japanese gangster film which, trust me, is hilarious. So I take it you don't have any really specific names for the big baddies? Who are the generals? Who's the leader of the baddies? You have your four heroes, but are they all going to meet and be friends immediately? Who is this God that's going to screw them over? Are you more into design than writing? You have a concept here, but not quite a story. It's a good concept, and the thought of comedy in games makes me happy, but yeah, you kind of need to decide where it's going. Anyway if you need help with anything, that's what we're here for. And you might want to call your Doritos Cheesy snaps. Almost s cool as cheesy poofs, hahaha. And Mt Dew is Super Frog Water!! Anyway, good luck with this, it sounds cool!!

Hello all,

Thank you both for the replies. If you know anybody that can do decent code in C#, tell me. I'm learning it to use with Unity but it's a bit confusing. @Gambit94 I will take the Cheesey Snaps into consideration, My team (My friend as of now...) is glad that we have people who support the idea and doesn't turn it down right away. As the time comes I'll copy the thread that got locked since I started this one, and I'll update everything. I'm going to post pictures of the designs of the four heroes in a few.

Thanks all!

Jason

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement