Good C (not C++) math library?

Started by
12 comments, last by Vilem Otte 9 years, 5 months ago

Which brings up another question -- how much C11 do you expect to get out of MSVC? The situation has improved, and is still improving, but to this point in time even C99 compatibility is far from bulletproof.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Advertisement

Which brings up another question -- how much C11 do you expect to get out of MSVC? The situation has improved, and is still improving, but to this point in time even C99 compatibility is far from bulletproof.

It's mostly a hope at this point. I'm still planning the project, haven't started coding it yet. And I do most of my development on Linux, but will build on MSVC when it's far enough along to get other people to test it. So my hope is that C11 support will have improved some by then. smile.png

If it hasn't, then there's always MinGW, but I'm trying not to rule out MSVC at this stage.

Kazmath seems a library that could suit your need, it's cross-platform and is used by cocos2d-x (even though the last version have transitioned to a c++ math library). I personally use only a small subset of it, but so far the library is robust enough.

#Nairou C11 won't be in MSVC for quite long time (As Ravyne said there isn't a solid C99 compatibility as for now). Also I don't think Microsoft sees C compiler as their main focus (they focus on the C# mainly), and I don't really believe the situation will get better in next years.

I would second SIMDx86, although it has been 2 years since the last time I've used it - it is now marked as "inactive" on SF (there is SSE, SSE3 and Altivec implementation as for now - no AVX).

My current blog on programming, linux and stuff - http://gameprogrammerdiary.blogspot.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement