Sign in to follow this  

Need advice on rendering terrain and/or overall look

This topic is 1126 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all,

i am an intermediate Directx/Opengl programmer and i already know the basic to Mid know how for 3D including rendering terrains, shaders, multi-texturing, etc.

But I am not an artists and i am still confuse on how to do certain looks or effects.

How did certain terrain like this one from Royal Revolt rendered?

http://www.androidtapp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Royal-Revolt-Gameplay-sample-4.png

http://www.148apps.com/reviews/royal-revolt-review/

I am mostly intrigue on the Grass to Dirt transition which is kinda cool. the look where grass ends and dirt starts is really cool.

I am wondering on how i can achieve this on my terrain editor.

are these only textures rendered?

Also, how can i achieve the overall effect? like are the objects like trees, castles drawn and textured that way by the 3D artist guy?

are there any shaders necessary to achieve these type of really cute effects? (aside from the lights and shadows) 

thanks in advance!

Yep, seems like texture tiles, hand painted. Take a look at the small, isolated grass-patch on the road to the left and how it is repeated along the road. You can even see it after the r-turn.

Edited by Ashaman73

This topic is 1126 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.