Sign in to follow this  

Live re-sampling playback speed changes using SDL mixer?

This topic is 1122 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am working on a game which has ability to slow down time. All of the graphics/animations are simulated in slow motion during this feature. However the sound is still playing at its normal speed. I would like all audio to play 2x slower but I am using the SDL mixer API and can't find an appropriate API for this purpose.

Can anyone please suggest a hack or workaround so I don't have to re-write my sound code on a different API? I would like to achieve this effect using SDL mixer. Thanks.

Edited by linuxwolf

I don't know anything about SDL - can you supply the sampling frequency anywhere for SDL for the individual tracks playback? If so just reduce the playback sampling frequency by the amount you want the soundclip slowed - ie if your sampling frequency is 44.1k and you want the speed to be 2/3 of normal, set sampling frequency for that clip to 2/3 * 44.1 kHz for playback.

This topic is 1122 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.